Our 'Baby Scalp Support Kit' (6 months+) contains an infant multi vitamin and mineral complex containing biotin, a probiotic supplement, omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids and baby massage oil
PRICE: £41.80 (RRP £46.44) Comes with full instructions for use
PROBIOTICS - good bacteria in the gut support the health of the digestion and the immune system. They also are responsible for the production of B vitamins (of which biotin is one). An absence of intestinal flora may be responsible for biotin deficiency in infants. Probiotic supplements help to replenish levels of good bacteria in the gut. OptiBac For Children £15.99 is suitable from 6 months comes as a powder easily mixed into milk or water and contains a combination of different strains of good bacteria important for infants and children.
OMEGA 3 - these essential fatty acids are important for healthy skin. SmartStart Orange £14.50 is suitable from 6 months upwards and one daily 10ml dose contains 680mg of EPA and 100mg of GLA (omega 6). Many high street brands have far lower levels and are not guaranteed to be free from contaminants. It is easy to be deficient in omega 3 as dietary sources are limited.
NB. Giving an omega 3 supplement to your child on a daily basis is probably one of the most important steps you can take towards optimum health and wellbeing. The benefits include: brain function and growth (including concentration and learning), immune support, skin health and hormone balance, cardivascular and joint health.
MULTI-VITAMIN with BIOTIN - specially formulated for maximum nutritional support and suitable from birth Maxi Baby Care £10.95 contains 0.03mg of biotin per 5ml serving, has a natural raspberry flavour and can be taken directly or mixed into liquids
BABY MASSAGE OIL - this cold pressed organic sunflower oil is to be applied directly to your babies scalp and massaged into the affected areas. Leave overnight and the following day, with a very fine toothed comb, gently comb the hair in the opposite direction to which is grows, carefully lifting the scales away. Follow by washing away the oil with a natural shampoo (see below). Do not use chemical shampoos as this will irritate the skin or worsen the condition generally. NEVER pick or rub at the skin as this can cause an infection. Baby Massage Oil £5.00 is suitable from birth.
If your childs cradle cap is red, inflamed or smells we would recommend that you spray the area with Colloidal Silver-MSM £9.99 ormix a little Tea Tree Oil into the baby massage oil and massage generously into the affected areas as above - see Essential Oils
- Extra Zinc is also very beneficial for the skin
- Some findings suggest that many skin disorders, including eczema and psoriasis, may be related to a gluten allergy, therefore if you are breastfeeding a gluten-free diet may be helpful
- Other foods to avoid are chocolate, dairy products, white flour, fried foods, seafood, nuts and anything containing sugar
- Do not consume any foods containing raw egg. Egg whites contain high levels of avidin, a protein which binds biotin and prevents it from being absorbed. Biotin is needed for healthy hair and skin. Mayonnaise and some brands of ice cream contain raw egg.
- Eat/give foods which are high in biotin such as liver, kidney, herrings, cooked eggs and some fruit and vegetables (sweetcorn, watermelon, cauliflower, tomatoes)
- Do not pick at or rub the affected skin
- Do not use chemical shampoo or chemical ointments as these can worsen the condition - see Hair Care for Babies & Children
What is Cradle Cap?
New Mums & Babies (a wide range of natural products for mums and babies)
Babies & Children (including Skin Care, Eczema Skin Care, Hair Care, Dental Care, Supplements)
Please contact us for specific advice ior if you have any questions with regard to this information.
NB. This information is in no way intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are unsure as to the suitability of any of the products or recommendations with regard to your condition please consult your doctor. If your doctor does not approve of complementary medicine it may be helpful to find one who does.