Our 'Baby Scalp Support Kit' (Birth - 6 months) contains an infant multi vitamin and mineral complex containing biotin, a probiotic supplement and baby massage oil
Suitable from birth to 6 months of age (for babies/children from six months upwards click here)
PRICE: £32.35 (RRP £35.94) Comes with full instructions for use
PROBIOTICS - good bacteria in the gut have a big impact on the health of the digestion and the immune system. They also are responsible for the production of B vitamins (of which biotin is one). An absence of intestinal flora may be responsible for biotin deficiency in infants. Probiotic supplements help to replenish levels of good bacteria in the gut. Udo's Choice Infant Blend Probiotics £19.99 is suitable from birth to 5 years, comes as a powder easily mixed into milk or water and contains:the bifidobacteria, including B.infantis, B. bifidum and B.breve which should represent the largest population of beneficial bacteria in babies.
MULTI-VITAMIN with BIOTIN - specially formulated for maximum nutritional support and suitable from birth Maxi Baby Care also contains 0.03mg of biotin per 5ml serving, has a natural raspberry flavour and can be taken directly or mixed into liquids
BABY MASSAGE OIL - this cold pressed organic sunflower oil is to be applied directly to your babies scalp and massaged into the affected areas. Leave overnight and the following day, with a very fine toothed comb, gently comb the hair in the opposite direction to which is grows, carefully lifting the scales away. Follow by washing away the oil with a natural shampoo (see below). Do not use chemical shampoos as this will irritate the skin or worsen the condition generally. NEVER pick or rub at the skin as this can cause an infection. Baby Massage Oil £5.00 is suitable from birth.
Omega 3 - these essential fatty acids are important for healthy skin. However infant omega 3 supplements are only suitable from 6 months upwards so if you are breastfeeding we would recommend that you take an omega 3 supplement which is high in EPA so that you can pass on the many benefits to your baby. Many high street brands have far lower levels of EPA and are not guaranteed to be free from contaminants. It is easy to be deficient in omega 3 as dietary sources are limited so taking a supplement during pregnancy and breastfeeding is beneficial to you and your baby - see Ultra EPA
NB. If you are not breastfeeding please choose an infant formula which contains essential fatty acids until your child reaches 6 months of age at which point you can give one of our children's omega 3 supplements. Omega 3 supports healthy skin, brain function, immune system, hormones, heart and joints.
If your childs cradle cap is red, inflamed or smells we would recommend that you spray the area with Colloidal Silver-MSM £9.99 or mix a little Tea Tree Oil into the baby massage oil and massage generously into the affected areas as above - see Essential Oils
- Extra Zinc (suitable from 3 months) is also very beneficial for the skin
- Some findings suggest that many skin disorders, including eczema and psoriasis, may be related to a gluten allergy, therefore if you are breastfeeding a gluten-free diet may be helpful
- Other foods to avoid are chocolate, dairy products, white flour, fried foods, seafood, nuts and anything containing sugar
- Do not consume any foods containing raw egg. Egg whites contain high levels of avidin, a protein which binds biotin and prevents it from being absorbed. Biotin is needed for healthy hair and skin. Mayonnaise and some brands of ice cream contain raw egg.
- Eat foods which are high in biotin such as liver, kidney, herrings, cooked eggs and some fruit and vegetables (sweetcorn, watermelon, cauliflower, tomatoes)
- Do not pick at or rub the affected skin
- Do not use chemical shampoo or chemical ointments as these can worsen the condition - see Hair Care for Babies & Children
New Mums & Babies (a wide range of natural products for mums and babies)
Babies & Children (including Skin Care, Eczema Skin Care, Hair Care, Dental Care, Supplements)
Please contact us for specific advice ior if you have any questions with regard to this information.
NB. This information is in no way intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are unsure as to the suitability of any of the products or recommendations with regard to your condition please consult your doctor. If your doctor does not approve of complementary medicine it may be helpful to find one who does.