Our ‘BOWEL SUPPORT KIT’ – age 8+’ is a natural and holistic approach. The kit includes a probiotic supplement ‘For Maintaining Regularity’ and ‘ColoClear Extra’ a gentle and natural formula containing a combination of different plant fibres.
PRICE: £15.99 (includes 10% discount off normal RRP) comes with full instructions constipation treatment
Please note: Bowel Health Kits are available for babies 6mths+, children age 1+ and during pregnancy. For newborn babies we would recommend Udo's Choice Infant Blend Probiotics
It might be helpful to consider the following questions:
1/ Does your child consume enough fibre, fluids, vitamin C and magnesium?
2/ Could the levels of good bacteria in your child’s gut have been compromised through the use of medication for example (e.g. antibiotics)?
3/ Does your child have enough exercise on a daily basis?
THE KIT IN DETAIL:
For Maintaining Regularity £7.99 for a 10 day supply - did you know that each of us has around 100,000,000,000,000 bacteria in our intestines?
That is 10 times the number of cells in our body, and can weigh around 1.5 kg! This 'microflora' consists of both friendly probiotic bacteria and bad pathogenic bacteria that co-exist in a complex ecosystem. Having a healthy balance of probiotics over pathogens plays an important role in digestion and immunity. However the balance of bacteria in the gut is fragile and can easily be disrupted by everyday factors such as stress, ageing, medication (e.g. antibiotics), environment and diet.
Sufficient numbers of good bacteria are essential for a healthy digestion and daily probiotic supplements replenish levels of good bacteria in the gut. This is the most important first step to improving the health of the digestive system.
For Maintaining Regularity is a natural probiotic & prebiotic supplement specifically designed to help you maintain bowel routine & regularity.
Contains: Prebiotic: Fructooligosaccharides (FOS 4g); Standardised culture (Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®, fructose); anticaking agent: silicon dioxide.
Directions: For children over the age of 8 give the contents of 1 a sachet a day.
Please note: many yoghurt brands have probiotics added to their products however these would not be recommended in this case because dairy products actually slow the action of the gut. Probiotic supplements are free from milk and sugar and provide a higher and more therapeutic dose (billions of good bacteria instead of millions).
COLOCLEAR EXTRA £9.95 (90 capsules) helps to optimise comfortable bowel function, by providing a powerful blend of fibres plus the probiotic Lactobacillus sporogenes. In easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules. No added: Sugar, salt, wheat, gluten, lactose, dairy products, artificial preservatives, colours or flavourings.
Take 1 capsule a day. Increase if required to a maximum of 3 a day, one with each meal.
Three capsules (adult dose) typically provide:
900mg High Lignan Flax, 150mg Fennel seed, 150mg Fenugreek seed, 90mg Liquorice root, 60mg Cloves, 30mg Aloe vera 200:1, 18 million* Lactobacillus sporogenes.
*At the time of manufacture
"This kit is brilliant. It had the desired effect mixed with cooled down baked beans and my son is having the probiotic everyday mixed into either a milkshake or his cereal. Have not had to use the ColoClear again. Would definitely recommend it to anybody with the same problems." S. Phelan
"Once we began to use the kit my daughter began to go to the toilet normally again. We now give her the probiotic each day. It is such a relief not to worry about it anymore, for her and for us. Thank you." S Wells
"My daughter became constipated when we began to wean her at six months old. We tried lots of different 'remedies' none of which worked and then we found your website and bought your kit and she has never had the problem since. Thank you." A. Hull
"When my son shows any signs of constipation I check that I am giving him enough fruit and vegetables, give him the products we bought from you - it works brilliantly. Great stuff." P. Anderson
"We have been extremely satisfied with the children’s bowel kit. It has helped fix the problem, and happily our little boy has returned to normal habits. I'd definitely recommend your site and this product. Thanks so much for your help." P.Thompson
"We got on really well with the kit, thank you. Now if ever my children get constipated I give them the supplements for a few weeks and things go back to normal really quickly. It is great to have something natural that is actually really good for their immune systems as well." N. Billing
- Ensure that you are eating a healthy diet rich in fibre.
- Consume plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables (at least five portions a day), and their juices diluted with filtered or bottled water
- If your child does not eat enough fruit and vegetables you might like to also consider either of the following:
Organic Sprouted Flax Seeds (finely milled to a coarse powder – from 6 months+) high in dietary fibre which can be sprinkled onto food
Animal Parade Fruit & Veggies 5 (children's nutritional shake age 2+)
- Eat wholegrain cereals, brown bread, brown pasta and brown rice. Try eating figs or prunes, which have a natural laxative effect.
- Increase your intake of all fluids - water, herbal teas and homemade juices.
- Ensure that as an adult you drink 8 - 10 glasses of quality water each day in addition to herbal tea and juices. Avoid caffeine drinks such as coffee, tea and cola, which are diuretics and dehydrate the body.
- Increase your consumption of foods rich in vitamin C - broccoli, parsley, kiwi fruit, citrus fruit, berries, peppers, blackcurrants, Brussels sprouts, papaya. You can also supplement with extra vitamin C –see Vitamin C and Vitamins for Babies & Children
- Increase your consumption of foods rich in magnesium - kiwi fruit, dark green leafy vegetables, broccoli, dried apricots and seafood. You can also supplement with extra magnesium –see Minerals and Minerals for Babies & Children
- Essential fatty acids provide an important source of good oils. Fish oils and flax oils are both good sources – see Essential Fatty Acids for Babies & Children ‘BARLEANS Organic Lignan Flax Oil’ has the added benefit of lignans (flax seed particles) which are a source of fibre
- Raw garlic helps to destroy harmful bacteria in the gut so try adding it to salad dressings and raw juices or to meals at the very last minute. If you are concerned about the smell of garlic on your breath take an odourless garlic supplement.
- Animal products - meat, cheese and milk slow down the action of the gut, so eating these in moderation would be a good idea. Try using organic rice, soya or almond milk instead.
Exercise - a good twenty-minute walk can really improve bowel mobility. Regular exercise can help avoid problems happening in the first place.
Cleanse Detox & Fibre
Cleansing & Fibre for Babies & Children
Digestion for Babies & Children
If you have any queries with regard to this information and these products please contact us.