PRICE: £14.49 (includes more than 10% off the RRP)
During pregnancy the increased level of progesterone in the body has a relaxing effect on the muscles making them less efficient and this includes the gut. The result can be poor bowel health and this can increase the likelihood of haemorrhoids (piles) so it is important to try and avoid it or alleviate it as soon as it occurs.
It is so important to restore good bowel health not only to avoid haemorrhoids but because a healthy gut is a healthy immune system and a healthy body.
THE KIT IN DETAIL:
Organic Flax Seed Oil Capsules £6.50 (60 capsules) - this premium quality product contains important omega 3 flax seed oil.
For more information on this supplement: http://www.pdrhealth.com/drugs/altmed/altmed-a-z.aspx?letter=F
Additional benefits of omega 3 are helping to maintain healthy skin and hair, healthy hormones, brain, joints, immune system and heart. 100% natural.
Directions: take 1-3 capsules up to 3 times a day with meals
OptiBac Bifidobacteria & fibre £7.99 (10 sachets) - did you know that each of us has around 100,000,000,000,000 bacteria in our intestines?
That is 10 times the number of cells in our body, and can weigh around 1.5 kg! This 'microflora' consists of both friendly probiotic bacteria and bad pathogenic bacteria that co-exist in a complex ecosystem. Having a healthy balance of probiotics over pathogens plays an important role in digestion and immunity.
Bifidobacteria & fibre (formerly known as ‘For maintaining regularity’) is an expert blend for those seeking a safe and natural option. It contains the unique live culture Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12® with Fructooligosaccharides and is naturally high in fibre. The strainBifidobacterium lactis BB-12® is very well researched and thought to be the most studied of the entire Bifidobacteria family. It is safe and gentle, appropriate for ongoing use, and will not cause dependency. This strain has even been tested in pregnant women, children from 1 year onwards, and the elderly.
Directions: Take the contents of 1 sachet a day mixed into a drink.
- Ensure that you are eating a healthy diet rich in fibre.
- Consume plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables (at least five portions a day), and their juices diluted with filtered or bottled water
- You can increase your daily fibre intake by using either of the following:
Organic Sprouted Flax Seeds (finely milled to a coarse powder) high in dietary fibre which can be sprinkled onto food
- Eat wholegrain cereals, brown bread, brown pasta and brown rice. Try eating figs or prunes, which have a natural laxative effect.
- Increase your intake of all fluids - water, herbal teas and homemade juices.
- Ensure that you drink 8 - 10 glasses of quality water each day in addition to herbal tea and juices. Avoid caffeine drinks such as coffee, tea and cola, which are diuretics and dehydrate the body.
- Increase your consumption of foods rich in vitamin C - broccoli, parsley, kiwi fruit, citrus fruit, berries, peppers, blackcurrants, Brussels sprouts, papaya. You can also supplement with extra vitamin C – see Vitamin C
- Increase your consumption of foods rich in magnesium - kiwi fruit, dark green leafy vegetables, broccoli, dried apricots and seafood. You can also supplement with extra magnesium – see Minerals
- Raw garlic helps to destroy harmful bacteria in the gut so try adding it to salad dressings and raw juices or to meals at the very last minute. If you are concerned about the smell of garlic on your breath take an odourless garlic supplement.
- Animal products - meat, cheese and milk slow down the action of the gut, so eating these in moderation would be a good idea. Try using organic rice, soya or almond milk instead.
- Try and keep your bowel movements to be the same time each day and raise your feet and legs on a low stool, do not strain.
Exercise - a good twenty-minute walk can really improve bowel mobility. Regular exercise can help avoid problems happening in the first place.
Cleanse Detox & Fibre
Supplements for Pregnancy
Pregnancy & Labour products
If you have any queries with regard to this information and these products please contact us.
NB. The products in this section are legally classified as food / dietary supplements and are not allowed to imply or claim to be a treatment, cure or prevention of diseases or medical conditions. If you are unsure as to the suitability of any of the products or recommendations with regard to your condition please consult your doctor. If your doctor does not approve of complementary medicine it may be helpful to find one who does.