All of the natural products in the Comvita Medihoney™ range contain Medihoney™ Antibacterial Honey, which is a standardised medical grade of antibacterial honey collected predominantly from Leptospermum sp. (including Manuka). This combination of Leptospermum honeys has been put together using advanced scientific knowledge to maximise honey’s potential to heal.
Medihoney™ Barrier Cream can be applied to intact and at-risk skin to provide protection from body fluids and moisture. It can be applied around wounds and under skin folds, wound dressings and incontinence pads where the skin can be at-risk of damage.
Medihoney™ Barrier Cream helps maintain the skin’s barrier properties and maintain skin moisture.
Indications for use:
- Protects at-risk skin from breakdown associated with incontinence and can be used under incontinence pads.
- Can be used around wound edges to protect the skin from irritation or breakdown caused by wound exudate.
- Helps protect the skin from damage caused by friction.
- Helps prevent maceration
- Helps prevent excoriation
- Helps maintain the skin pH
- Helps prevent damage to skin caused by frequent hand washing
* When using for the first time, patch test on a small area of skin