UDO'S CHOICE Infants Blend Probiotics - Microbiotics (Birth-5 years)
15% OFF PROBIOTICS. Formulated with a viable count of specially chosen bacterial strains especially beneficial for an infants healthy intestinal flora. The bifidobacteria, including B. infantis, should represent the largest population of beneficial bacteria in babies, whose immune defences are not yet fully working. This powder format has been designed to be added to formula or liquid after it has been heated. Suitable from birth to 5 years.
75g (2 billion bacteria per gram) - 30 day supply
15% OFF PROBOTICS. Formulated with a viable count of specially chosen bacterial strains especially beneficial for an infants healthy intestinal flora. The bifidobacteria, including B. infantis, should represent the largest population of beneficial bacteria in babies, whose immune defences are not yet fully working. The specific strains used in Udos Infants Blend have been specially chosen for their value to infant health. This powder format has been designed to be added to formula or liquid after it has been heated.
Dairy free? Udos Choice Infant Blend, as with many probiotics are grown on a milk containing medium and therefore they may contain traces of lactose. However, it is not an ingredient in the end product and should only be a problem if the infant is allergic as opposed to intolerant.
Suitable from birth to 5 years
- Guarantees two billion viable organisms of beneficial bacteria* that are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function and over-all health. (*at time of manufacture)
- Is formulated to include the bifidobacteria, including B.infantis, B. bifidum and B.breve which should represent the largest population of beneficial bacteria in babies.
- Is in powder format designed to be added to formula, water or other liquid after it has been heated.
What are Probiotics?
Probiotics are the beneficial, friendly bacteria that occur throughout the digestive tract. Poor eating habits, chlorinated drinking water, stress and disease and the use of antibiotics in food production as well as in medical treatments can wreak havoc in the gastrointestinal tract by destroying good bacteria and allowing undesirable bacteria to multiply.
Why do we need Probiotics?
When the ratio of good bacteria to bad is lowered, problems begin to arise such as excessive gas, bloating, intestinal toxicity, constipation and poor absorption of nutrients. Whilst it is true that non-beneficial bacteria are naturally occurring in the intestinal tract problems begin when their growth goes unchecked. Probiotics play an especially important role in keeping in check the pathogenic bacteria that cause disease. A healthy lower intestine should contain at least 85% friendly bacteria to prevent the over colonisation of disease causing micro organisms like E.coli and Salmonella.
Infants immune defences are not yet fully working . Babies pick up friendly bacteria from their mothers during their passage through a clean and healthy birth canal. Studies show that B. infantis was found in approximately 60% of full-term newborns who were born vaginally and only 9% of babies born by Caesarean Section. Formula fed babies also have significant differences from breastfed babies in the composition of their gut microflora because the heat used to pasteurise formula kills all bacteria.
The Infant's Blend contains:
1. Lactobacillus casei: a bacteria commonly used for milk fermentation and has shown to be helpful in treating diarrhoea caused by antibiotics and viruses.
2. Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
3. Bifidobacterium infantis: the most important micro-organism found in the large intestine of infants and is an effective adjunct therapy in the treatment of acute diarrhoea. It has been shown to stimulate the production of immunomodulating agents.
4. Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent micro-organisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
5. Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
6. Bifidobacterium breve: colonises the large intestine and is a producer of lactic and acetic acids that inhibit the growth of undesirable bacteria. It enhances immune response against various pathogenic antigens and has been shown to suppress the growth of ulcer-inducing bacteria. B.breve can colonise the immature bowel of infants effectively and is associated with better weight gain in low birthweight infants.
7. Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
How to take Udo's Choice Infant's Blend:
To maintain healthy intestinal and oral flora -
Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon once a day in formula or other liquid.
As an intensive treatment -
Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon three times a day in formula or other liquid when suffering from intestinal disorders.
Each gram of powder is guaranteed to contain not less than 2 billion total viable cells (at time of manufacture) of:
Lactobacillus casei: 35%
Streptococcus thermophilus: 20%
Bifidobacterium infantis: 15%
Lactobacillus acidophilus: 15%
Bifidobacterium bifidum: 5%
Bifidobacterium breve: 5%
Lactobacillus bulgaricus: 5%
In a base of maltodextrin and ascorbic acid
Refrigeration ensures maximum potency & stability. Udo's Choice Infant's Blend probiotics can be left unrefrigerated for short periods of time and may be frozen.