Formulated with a viable count of eight specially chosen bacterial strains especially beneficial for a childs healthy intestinal flora. A childs healthy microflora will closely resemble that of an adult but due to their smaller size, a child needs much smaller quantities of the same bacteria. From age 5-15 years.
This child specific formula:
Guarantees four billion viable organisms of beneficial bacteria* that are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function and over-all health. (*at time of manufacture) Formulated to include the bifidobacteria B.bifidum and B.breve essential for the healthy development of a childs digestive tract
What are Probiotics? Probiotics are the beneficial, friendly bacteria that occur throughout the digestive tract. Poor eating habits, chlorinated drinking water, stress and disease and the use of antibiotics in food production as well as in medical treatments can wreak havoc in the gastrointestinal tract by destroying good bacteria and allowing undesirable bacteria to multiply. Why do we need Probiotics? When the ratio of good bacteria to bad is lowered, problems begin to arise such as excessive gas, bloating, intestinal toxicity, constipation and poor absorption of nutrients. Whilst it is true that non-beneficial bacteria are naturally occurring in the intestinal tract problems begin when their growth goes unchecked. Probiotics play an especially important role in keeping in check the pathogenic bacteria that cause disease.
A healthy lower intestine should contain at least 85% friendly bacteria to prevent the over colonisation of disease causing micro organisms like E.coli and Salmonella.
A childs healthy microflora will closely resemble that of an adult but due to their smaller size children need much smaller quantities of the same bacteria. The specific strains used in Childrens Blend have been specially chosen for their value to childrens health and have been formulated to the viable count appropriate for children.
60 capsules (4 billion bacteria per capsule)
The Children's Blend contains:
- Lactobacillus casei: a bacteria commonly used for milk fermentation and has shown to be helpful in treating diarrhoea caused by antibiotics and viruses.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus: one of the most important probiotic strains for the health of the adult digestive tract from the mouth to the small intestine. Especially beneficial in inhibiting the bacteria involved in vaginal and urinary tract infections.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent micro-organisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
- Lactobacillus plantarum: from vegetable origin and found in the intestinal tract it has beneficial anti-microbial activities.
- Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
- Bifidobacterium breve: colonises the large intestine and is a producer of lactic and acetic acids that inhibit the growth of undesirable bacteria. It enhances immune responses against various pathogenic antigens and has been shown to suppress the growth of ulcer-inducing bacteria.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
How to take Udo's Choice Children's Blend:
To maintain healthy intestinal and oral flora - Take one capsule per day on a full stomach.
As an intensive treatment - Take three capsules per day on a full stomach when suffering from intestinal disorders.
Junior Blend Probiotics Ingredients:
Each vegetarian capsule is guaranteed to contain not less than 4 billion total viable cells (at time of manufacture) of:
- Lactobacillus casei: 25%
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus: 25%
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: 20%
- Lactobacillus plantarum: 10%
- Streptococcus thermophilus: 7%
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: 5%
- Bifidobacterium breve: 5%
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: 3%
In a base of microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate and ascorbic acid
Refrigeration ensures maximum potency & stability. Udo's Choice Children's Blend probiotics can be left unrefrigerated for short periods of time and may be frozen.